ECS staff can provide support for university-owned desktop and laptop computers. For help with computer hardware and software, please submit a help request.
Typical services provided:
- Setup of new computers purchased by the College of Engineering. This includes setting up the computer to a standard image with Windows, Windows updates, McAfee Antivirus, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft office including configuring MS Outlook to OIT’s Exchange Server, Migrating files if the new computer is replacing an old computer, and Internet browser of choice (IE, Chrome and or Firefox).
- Configuration and installation of printers.
- Desktop support for university-owned computers.
- Software support for industry standard packages (e.g., Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
- Scanning of computer for viruses and malware.
- Network wiring (ECS will run two 1GB RJ45 connections per box) at a cost of $125.00.
- Reimage a College of Engineering computer with standard image (e.g., if the computer has been infected with a virus or malware, computer is being repurposed, etc.) for $125.00.
- Preform computer-related repairs at a rate of $50.00 per hour plus the cost of any parts required.
- Emergency software updates to College of Engineering computer labs at a charge of current over-time rates. (Any software updates will need to be done on off-hours, because CoE labs are used all day Monday – Friday.)