The Engineering Career Center provides a wide range of resources for both graduate and undergraduate students to help develop important professional skills. In addition to the below online resources, check our Career Events Calendar for upcoming workshops.
Resources for Graduate Students
Our Online Graduate Career Handbook provides a comprehensive guide to professional development for engineering graduate student including:
Resources for Undergraduate Students
Our Online Undergraduate Career Development Handbook provides a comprehensive guide to professional development for engineering undergraduate students including:
Career Development and Experiential Learning Center's Video Tutorials
In addition to our Online Undergraduate Career Development Handbook, please watch our online Resume, Cover letter, and Interviews workshops here:
- Resume On Demand
- Cover Letter On Demand
- Career Fair/Interview Tips On Demand
- Interview Advice from our corporate partner, ISO New England
- United States Department of Labor is responsible for occupational safety, wage and hour standards, unemployment benefits, re-employment services, and some economic statistics.
- O*NET OnLine is an interactive tool for exploring and searching occupations. The O*Net database, which is available free to the public, provides the basis for career exploration tools, and a set of valuable assessment instruments for workers and students looking to find or change careers.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) is the nation’s premier source of career information. The featured profiles cover hundreds of occupations and describe: the work environment, how to become one, the nature of work, salary, education, etc. Each profile also includes Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projections.
- CareerOneStop is a tool that helps job seekers, students, businesses and career professionals on their pathway to career success. It is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Candid Career Videos provides career advice on important topics such as resume writing, interviewing, and job search strategies through a database of thousands of informational interviews.