Congratulations! You’ve made it to the finish!
Now it’s time for all graduating seniors and their friends and family to celebrate.
Order your Cap & Gown today! To receive by May 14, be sure to order by April 1st!
Undergraduate Commencement Class of 2021
May 14, 2021
McGuirk Alumni Stadium, UMass Amherst
- Will take form of four smaller and shorter ceremonies. Updates can be found on the official commencement website
- Compliance with public health protocols mandates that ceremonies be limited to graduates only, no guests allowed
Each ceremony will be live-streamed
College of Engineering Senior Celebration - Class of 2021
- Virtual department-level celebrations will be announced soon
- Nomination process for College of Engineering student speaker will open shortly
- Students are invited to submit photos for the college's celebration site to engineering[at].umass.edu
Class of 2020
We have not forgotten about our Class of 2020. We are now developing plans to welcome you back to campus during Homecoming in November 2021. Your long-awaited commencement ceremony will be held! Careful attention needs to be paid to the many details still to be worked out for both the Class of 2020 and 2021 as we move forward. Updates will be communicated to you and can be found on the official commencement website.
Who gets to walk?
A student's year of graduation is established by the Registrar's Office. To be eligible to participate in the May 2021 Commencement ceremony, students must have fulfilled all requirements by the time of the ceremony or be scheduled to do so by September 2021. Students scheduled for February 2022 graduation who wish to attend the May 2021 ceremony must file a "Petition to Participate in an Earlier Commencement form," available at the Registrar's Office in 213 Whitmore. If you wish to receive a UMass commemorative medal but are unable to attend the ceremony at which it would be presented contact the University Events Office at email@example.com or by phone at (413) 577-1101 to ask that your medal be sent to you.
- Your diploma, which is officially conferred at Commencement, will be mailed to you. To ensure the delivery of diplomas, all graduates should check SPIRE to make certain that their mailing address is accurately recorded. Diplomas are usually mailed by the end of the summer. Questions regarding diplomas should be addressed to: Registrar's Office, 213 Whitmore Administration Building, 413-545-0555.