The UMass Amherst College of Engineering, in cooperation with the College of Information and Computer Sciences, is pleased to invite you to:
Women in Engineering and Computing Career Day*
Monday, October 25th, 2021
Lincoln Campus Center, UMass Amherst
8:45 am to 1:15 pm [lunch provided**]
* While the event is geared towards high school girls, all genders are welcome to attend.
** Lunch will be vegetarian but NOT vegan nor gluten free. With advance notice, we will provide bag lunches to meet other dietary restrictions. Students may purchase other options at cost with chaperone permission upstairs in the campus center.
Sade Luwoye ’15
Sr Specialist Systems Engineer at L3Harris Technologies
- Majored in Electrical Engineering and minored in Mathematics at UMass Amherst
- President, student chapter of the National Society of Black Engineers, AY '14-15
- MS, Systems Engineering, The George Washington University — School of Engineering and Applied Science
Check out Sade's Win in STEM Podcast!
We will be in person! Face coverings are currently required except while eating or drinking in all indoor spaces on campus. We are working to spread lunch out over 3 hours and arranging for smaller breakout groups to minimize COVID risk.
- ALL (teachers, industry collaborators, volunteers, students) please Register Here »
- Students/Schools Only - Complete your registration by paying the $20 registration fee for each student. School may request scholarships for students — we will do our best to accommodate! Methods of payment are listed below.
Breakout activity selections sign ups will be shared after 10/1/21
Highlights of the Day
This event is designed specifically for high school girls interested in engineering and computing. It is most appropriate for sophomores and juniors, but freshman and seniors may also find it valuable. Up to 10 students may attend per school. While the day is targeted for high school women, all are welcome. Highlights of the day include:
- Hands-on engineering and computing activities
- Industry panel and exhibit tables/demonstrations of state-of-the-art technology
- Information about career opportunities in engineering and computing
- Opportunities to talk with alumna and current UMass students
- Opportunity to meet H.S. women like you from across the Commonwealth
- Optional tours of engineering & computer science labs
Register Students Early! Spaces fill fast. Last day to register: October 15th or until space fills.
If you are reserving a block of tickets for your school you can create a "Model Student" place holder ticket and copy that, however, ideally you will provide each:
- Student's name
- Personal pronouns
- Grade level
If you defer providing this at the original registration, you may go back in to update or email us the information by October 15th.
Ways to Pay Student Registration Fee:
Students are $20 each. A limited number of student scholarships are available. Chaperones (teachers / counselors) and industry exhibitors are free.
- On-line via credit card »
- By Purchase Order
- By check (payable to University of Massachusetts, Mail to - Attn: Jessica Kazmier, College of Engineering - UMass, 127 Marston Hall, 130 Natural Resources Way, Amherst, MA 01003)
- Scholarship inquiries should be directed to Dr. Paula Rees or Promise Mchenga (firstname.lastname@example.org)