The UMass Amherst College of Engineering, in cooperation with the College of Information and Computer Sciences, is pleased to once again invite you to:
Women Engineering and Computing Career Day*
Monday, October 28th, 2019
Lincoln Campus Center, UMass Amherst
8:45 am to 1:15 pm [lunch provided**]
* While the event is geared towards high school girls, boys are welcome to attend.
** Lunch will be vegetarian but NOT vegan nor gluten free. Students may purchase other options at cost with chaperone permission upstairs in the campus center.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Monica Navarro, Spiraledge, Inc., '10 PhD
Students are $20. A limited number of student scholarships are available: Please contact Dr. Paula Rees with scholarship inquiries (email@example.com). Chaperones (teachers/counselors) and industry exhibitors are free.
ALL (teachers, industry collaborators, volunteers, students) please follow this link to Register » https://tinyurl.com/UMass-CareerDay2019
Register Students Early! Spaces fill fast. Last day to register: October 14th or until space fills
Students/Schools Only - We will contact you to complete the registration of your student, including about how to collect the $20 registration fee and selecting breakouts. For your information, there will be a variety of ways to pay, listed below. Breakout activity selections sign ups will be shared after 10/1/19. If you are reserving a block of tickets for your school you can create a "Model Student" place holder ticket and copy that, however, ideally you will provide each:
- Student's name
- Preferred pronouns
- Grade level
If you defer providing this at the original registration, you may go back in to update or email us the information by October 14th.
Ways to Pay Student Registration Fee:
- On-line via credit card »
- By Purchase Order
- By check (payable to University of Massachusetts, Mail to - Attn: Jessica Kazmier, College of Engineering - UMass, 127 Marston Hall, 130 Natural Resources Way, Amherst, MA 01003)
- Scholarship inquiries should be directed to Dr. Paula Rees (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Highlights of the Day:
This event is designed specifically for high school girls interested in engineering and computing. It is most appropriate for sophomores and juniors, but freshman and seniors may also find it valuable. Up to 10 students may attend per school. While the day is targeted for high school women, all are welcome. Highlights of the day include:
- Hands-on engineering and computing activities
- Industry panel and exhibit tables/demonstrations of state-of-the-art technology
- Information about career opportunities in engineering and computing
- Opportunities to talk with alumna and current UMass students
- Opportunity to meet H.S. women like you from across the Commonwealth
- Optional tours of engineering & computer science labs