The Community, Equity and Inclusion (CEI) Hub incorporates the offices of the Assistant Dean for Diversity and Assistant Director of Diversity Programs, and serves as a nexus for the college’s student organizations. This marquee space is designed to communicate and support the college’s strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
The Hub includes a conference room, multiple webinar facilities, and modular study and group meeting space. It will serve as the central organizational space for our interdepartmental UMass engineering student organizations:
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- “Out” in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (oSTEM)
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE)
- Engineers without Borders (EWB)
- Tau Beta Pi, the national engineering honors society
Reserving the CEI Space
The Undergraduate CEI Hub main area may be reserved after hours, while the CEI Conference room may be reserved at any time. Please respect the posted reservation schedule, honoring associate requests to relocate.
- Details on reserving the conference are described here.
- Email email@example.com to request use of the CEI Hub main room for an afterhours “closed-door” function
- Reservations are required a minimum of 48 hours prior to the event.
- If your event is after hours, you will need to coordinate with CEI staff to ensure access well in advance.
- Priority use is reserved for the 8 interdepartmental UMass engineering student organizations including EWB, NSBE, oSTEM, SASE, SAME, SHPE, SWE and TBP.
- By completing a reservation, the “reserver” agrees to the terms and conditions for use of the room(s).
Guidelines for CEI Room Use
Any violation of the guidelines below may result in loss of privilege to utilize room for remainder of semester.
General facility guidelines:
- Only limited supervision of the Hub is feasible. As such the College is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If food/drink has been brought into the room, you are responsible for wiping down the table and disposing of trash. Cleaners and paper towels will be available in the CEI Hub conference room cabinets.
- Space may not be occupied long term. Students are expected to remove all personal items from the space when they leave for more than 15 minutes.
- Tables and chairs should be neatly returned to their standard format when done using.
Specific guidelines for meetings in the CEI:
- If food/drink has been brought into the area for an event or meeting, trash bags should be removed, tied and left outside the locked area for custodial services.
- Event/Meeting coordinator is responsible for arranging and supervising room clean up, including wiping down the tables.
- If floors need to be vacuumed as a result of your meeting or event, a notice should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying the College of the need.
Any repair, replacement and/or cleaning fees will be charged to reserving group/department, if necessary. Please note that these charges are commensurate to what is normally charged by facilities if services are required:
- $100: Room not arranged to original setup (chairs not pushed in, conference room tables not reset, overflow of chairs from other locations).
- $100: Failure to clean up the room after an event/meeting (trash not removed, tables not wiped, food left).
- $TBD: Damage to the room, tables, chairs, carpet or equipment.