For general inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgInclude your First and Last name, major, student ID#, and question
To meet remotely with an advisor through Zoom:
Join one of the college advisors below:
Julia Hoke (Zoom: https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/6278496840)
- Monday, Wednesday, or Friday from 1pm – 3:30pm
- Tuesday or Thursday from 9am – 12:00pm
Bernd F. Schliemann (Zoom: https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/6536364255)
- Monday or Wednesday from 10am – 11:30am
- Tuesday or Thursday from 1pm – 2:30pm
- Friday from 8:30am – 10am
- Julia Hoke (Zoom: https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/6278496840)
Or to speak by phone or Zoom at other times, make an appointment in Navigate. Log in to Navigate here » Tip: Once you log-in with campus NETID, select "College of Engineering - Office of Student Affairs" and follow the remaining prompts to schedule your appointment.
- Join one of the college advisors below:
- Note: Master's & PhD students, as well as undergraduates, who have an assigned advisor, should email them directly to make a remote appointment.
For general inquiries, please email us at email@example.com
Schedule a career advising appointment via Handshake. Log in to Handshake here »
- The morning of your appointment, you will receive an email from a Career Center staff member confirming your appointment that day – and the option of phone or Zoom.
- New to Handshake? This PDF explains how to get started »
Need a refresher on how to make an appointment in Handshake? Instructions can be found here»
Tip: If you have documents to share, for example a resume, let the staff person who emails you in the morning know.
- Spring Engineering Career Fair: Thursday, Feb 18, 10-3PM on Career Fair Plus. Connect with employers via 1:1 video chat and/or group drop-ins. Make sure to download the app and watch the tutorial videos here »
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Programming:
- For general inquiries, please email Promise McHenga
- Student societies will continue to meet, as appropriate. Connect with them here »
- Join our Allies for Equity discussion group meetings
- Make an appointment to meet remotely 1:1 with Dr. Paula Rees in Navigate. Log in to Navigate here »
Virtual open office hours via Zoom:
- Paula Rees (Meeting ID: 602 224 1545): Tu 9 - 11 am, W 9 - 11 am
- Promise Mchenga (Meeting ID: 795 432 5139): Th 9 - 11 am, F 9 - 11 am
- Steve Fernandez (Meeting ID: 830 830 4821): M 1 - 3 pm, W 1 - 3 pm
Engineering Computer Services:
- Request assistance by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engineering students can log in to Remote Labs using any Internet browser and a NetID/password. Information on using remote computer labs »
- If you have any issue logging in to remote labs, please call ECS at (413) 545-1580
Health and Wellbeing:
~10-minute quick drop-in support sessions
A powerful tool to help you stay calm, focused, and on track for academic success.
Workshops and discussion groups
To help cope with stress or anxiety, find strategies to overcome challenges, promote mental wellbeing, and succeed in college life and beyond.
Resources to help find the support you need to get through a challenging situation, stay in school, and graduate.
Additional Spring 2021 Resources for Students
- How to Access Your Remote Classes: Moodle and Blackboard
- UMass Amherst Reopening: For Students
- Frequently Asked Questions about Spring 2021 at UMass Amherst
Academics and Remote Learning
Education Abroad | Resources to Succeed at Remote Learning | Libraries | Pass-Fail Grading | Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Success Planner 2020-21