To Change Your Major to Engineering:
Current students who wish to change their major to Engineering should attend an information session before scheduling an individual advising appointment. Although it is not advised, you can request to change your major without attending a meeting. For more information please call the Engineering Office of Student Affairs (413) 545-2035
Criteria for on-campus change of major:
Students in other majors on campus must meet the following criteria to be eligible to enter the College of Engineering as a PR-ENGIN major:
- Academic good standing
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better
- C or better in Math 131, EnglWr 112 and either Chem 111 or Physics 151
You must apply and be admitted to the College no later than your fourth semester at the University. Use a Change of Major Form only upon meeting eligibility criteria above.
Change of majors are processed at the end of each semester, after grades have been finalized by the Registrar’s Office.
Engineering Course Override Request
BEFORE FILLING OUT THIS FORM: Check course restrictions on SPIRE to be certain you need an override.
The online Course Override Request form is CLOSED for Fall 2018 courses.
Students should attend a fall information session (dates above) to request enrollment in Engin 100, 111, 112, 114.
If you miss the session or wish to enroll in another course, contact the engineering department overseeing the desired course to request an override. Please include your full name and ID number, as well as a phone number where you can be reached. Please also make sure your course schedule is free of time conflicts and that you have adequate credits available to enroll in an additional course:
- Chemical Engineering: Tami Paluca (email@example.com)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering: Jodi Ozdarski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering: Fill out the ECE override request form
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering: Dorothy Adams (email@example.com) Note that Engin 113 is full and cannot accept requests. Students should enroll in Engin 100.
- Biomedical Engineering: Engin 114 is full and will not accept requests. Students should enroll in an alternative Intro to Engineering course.
Please Note: an override will not enable you to enroll in the course via SPIRE. Rather, it is a request for the College or Department to enroll you into the course.
I am a PR-ENGIN. How do I get into my engineering major?
Each engineering department has specific criteria for admission. PR-ENGIN student records are audited twice a year, and are automatically transferred to the major upon achieving these criteria:
Grade of C or better in: