Fall 2020 Registration Notes
Summary of Steps
1. Review your ARR & complete the BME course selection form PDF (provided via the advising email from your advisor and available on the BME Undergraduate Students webpage)
2. Email the BME course selection form to Natalia Kolk at firstname.lastname@example.org by the Friday before your enrollment appointment (see below for a schedule). Students who do not submit the CSF will not have their advising hold removed.
3. Schedule a remote advising appointment as directed via an advisor provided link (sent out the week of March 23).
4. Enroll in classes once your enrollment appointment opens (beginning April 8, check SPIRE for your enrollment appointment day & time).
5. Fall 2020 Override requests can be submitted online: https://forms.gle/yibwQYvddVP8Rh297. This link is also provided on the BME Undergraduate Students webpage.
Required Registration Process
Pre-Registration Advising is mandatory for undergraduates in the BME major to enroll in courses on SPIRE for next semester. See SPIRE to determine when your enrollment appointment opens. Students must discuss their course plan with an advisor before they can enroll as advising holds will need to be lifted prior to class registration. Additionally, if you fail to contact your advisor before April 27th, you are not guaranteed a seat in the class(es) you need.
All BME Advising will be done remotely. All students assigned a BME advisor will receive an email with detailed instructions. The first step will be to complete the BME Course Selection Form and email the PDF to Natalia Kolk. After that, there will be options to make an appointment (phone or Zoom) with Natalia if you feel you need additional guidance.
Advisor Contact Info: Natalia Kolk, email@example.com
Academic Requirements Report (ARR)
This report is used for graduation clearance. Each student should check their ARR on SPIRE and let Natalia Kolk (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if there are any errors or omissions, particularly regarding transfer credits, AP credits, elective courses, and GenEd courses. Please review your ARR prior to your advising meeting.
Course Selection Form (CSF)
The BME Course Selection Form (CSF) is available online as a fillable PDF on the BME Undergraduate Students webpage. Please complete as much information as you can and email the form to Natalia Kolk (email@example.com) for her approval. Students who do not submit the CSF will not have their advising hold removed.
Scheduling an Appointment
By the week of March 23rd, you should receive an email from your advisor (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Your advisor will send you an email like this containing your appointment link.
In order to make an appointment, please click on the appointment link provided in the email, select a time that works with your schedule, and click Save (Figure 2).
Figure 2: Once you click “Schedule an Appointment,” pick a time that works for you.
You will receive an email confirming the appointment time and details. You will also receive a reminder text or email before the appointment. NOTE: please schedule your appointment at least 24 hours before you meet with your advisor. If you do not, your appointment may be cancelled.
Register as soon as your SPIRE enrollment appointment opens if you need a specific class or section. BME courses are currently offered once per year and we will do our best to accommodate enrollment issues, however, we cannot guarantee enrollment for studnts with non-standard schedules or missing prerequisites.
Fall 2020 Override requests can be submitted online here: https://forms.gle/yibwQYvddVP8Rh297
This link is also provided on the BME Undergraduate Students webpage.
BME Technical Electives
You can find a list of the current pre-approved Technical Electives for BME, as well as the alternative elective form, on the BME Undergraduate Students webpage.